- Added the Ceramic Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Biology, Economics and Social Sciences, Architecture, Chemical Engineering, and Industrial Management programs.
- Naval ROTC program was established at Tech.
- Worked with Roosevelt administration to create Techwood Housing Development, and secured Techwood Dormitory for Tech.
- Attracted $300,000 grant from Daniel Guggenheim for the Promotion of Aeronautics Inc. to launch the Aeronautical Engineering program, beating out Vanderbilt University, the University of Alabama, and other competitors.
- Prepared Tech for the United States’ entrance into World War II.