At Georgia Tech, we strive to build a culture that encourages and leverages innovation, entrepreneurship, diversity, and excellence in a global context. In doing so, individuals and groups are expected to exhibit the following ethical values and behaviors:
- We do what is right in every situation, no matter the consequence.
- We are sincere and truthful in our interactions.
- We conduct ourselves professionally and lead by example.
- We take time to consider our decisions and actions, always asking ourselves not just “Can we do it?” but “Should we do it?”
- We treat each other with dignity, courtesy, and respect.
- We give credit where credit is due.
- We promote a culture where everyone feels welcome and included without the fear of favoritism or exclusion.
- We treat each other with fairness and impartiality.
- We work together to maintain a safe and healthy campus where we live, learn, and work.
- We collaborate, share knowledge, and celebrate our collective achievements.
- We value diversity, including the unique ideas, cultures, perspectives, and experiences that everyone contributes.
- We look out for and support one another.
- We act with empathy and kindness to others.
- We take responsibility for our actions, decisions, and the results.
- We practice good stewardship of our resources, managing them prudently and ethically.
- We recognize and appreciate that we are part of a larger community and value the responsibility to honor the public trust.
- We strive to do our best in every situation.
- We follow through on our commitments.
- We embrace change that enables progress and innovation.
- We challenge the status quo and speak up when we find a better way to do something.
- We persevere in the face of adversity.
- We unlock our full potential by continuously expanding our knowledge, skills, and capabilities and sharing what we learn with others.